Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The First Post! - An Introduction

Hey guys and gals,

Kondor here! I hope everyone is doing well. This post marks the complete and total start of my brand new New Eden-oriented blog. Yay! And how do I start my blogging experience? Well, an introduction sounds pretty good.

I'm Kondor. In EVE Online, my character is Chix Kondor, and my DUST 514 merc is Kondor Pendragon. Already, you can see that I involve myself in more than just one of CCP's New Eden universes. And, being an active player of both games, I find myself to have a lot of thoughts and opinions related to EVE or DUST, or even this vast gaming universe in general. So, that's what this blog is for - to provide an outlet for myself to put my thoughts and opinions out into the New Eden world, and to get other peoples' thoughts and ideas and feedback. Have a conversation; make friends and make enemies; have an intellectual conversation and have an argument - whatever it is, I enjoy the sharing of thoughts and opinions. So, as you read my content from week to week, please feel free to put your own thoughts in the comments below any post. I will read them and respond to them.

As I've stated, I will post new content weekly. Every week, I'll go on and rant about some topic that's on my mind. It may be about EVE or DUST 514. It can be a serious topic, a personal topic, or even something that someone might find a little humorous. Whatever it ends up being, I won't know until I write it - I won't plan on what I'll write until I write. Don't take that to mean that I won't be knowledgeable on the subject that I produce my long-winded rants on - I will research something so that I can create a fully educated opinion. So, every Friday, come back to The Preoccupied Pod to see what's on my mind, and maybe get something in your mind as well.

And before I start getting asked this question, I will tell you why my blog is called The Preoccupied Pod. First off, in EVE Online, our pod is our life. It is the vessel that our clones reside in while in any ship, and even gives us that one last chance to get away from a sticky situation if things go horribly wrong. So that's where that came from. "Preoccupied?" Well, I'm a busy guy. I'm almost always doing more than one thing at a time. And I almost always have something going through the massively smart head of mine (yeah, yeah - shameless smart plug). Obviously, that doesn't stop me from having my own opinions. As for "The?" Well, it's a word that works pretty well at the beginning of a title. And I don't want to be just any preoccupied pod, I want to be THE preoccupied pod. Thus, The Preoccupied Pod.

Anyways, thanks for reading and dealing with some of my stupid humor. Check back for new updates, or come back on Fridays to see what's going on in my head.

Have fun, and fly safe!
Kondor
o7

3 comments:

Post a Comment