Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Logistics Give Me Nightmares

Hey guys and gals,

Kondor's here again. And this time, I've actually got things about the game to talk about, instead of annoying life things. Did I just hear a sigh of relief? If I did, you and me both.

So I've recently made the determination that I want to be a wormhole resident. Yup, a rash decision, much? Well, I haven't done much in the grand scope of EVE yet. But ever since I've started playing, I've been incredibly interested by one thing - exploration. And what's more explorative than uncharted and lawless spaces that are wormholes? Null-sec space, you say? Nah, too many "rules," too many people, too organized for what it is. Wormhole space, though. No local, natural attributes that might affect how effectively you can perform in combat, limits on what you can and can't bring with you, potential for difficult PvE, certainty for interesting and exciting PvP, mining, gas, hacking, salvaging and more. It's got a little bit of everything, and it can all be turned into a profit. All of it is exciting to me. And you don't really know what you're going to get until you get there. Hell, you might not even know then.

So like the good little pilot that I am, I started doing my research. I currently have nine tabs open in my browser on my laptop for wormhole information alone. And I don't even feel like I've scratched the surface of cracking the mystery just enough to go in prepared.

So far, I've determined what ships I need to be bringing with me for just a modest start. I've decided that I'll use an alt as well, to make things more efficient. I roughly understand what I'll need to be doing with a POS. I've got skill plans out the wazoo for a while. And among it all, I'm still excited. Intimidated? Yeah, a little bit. I think there's be something wrong with me if I wasn't nervous or wary of the fact that I could end up in my own torrential failure. But you're never going know if you don't at least try, right?

Along with that, my buddy and I are having another go at running a corporation. This will be my second attempt, at least. The last one wasn't any specific failure of our own - we probably lacked on the communication aspect with members - but we're looking to do it right this time. And yes, we'll be in a wormhole.

The logistics and planning for all of this is absolutely insane, though. I really have no idea where to start with coming up with a plan. Gotta figure out what I need to do to get prepared, what kind of requirements we'll have, safety protocol, recruitment, etc. But if we can get this to work, it'll all be worth it.

If any of y'all know anything about living in wormholes and would be willing to give some tips and advice, don't hold back. It'll all be welcome.

Thanks for reading my first in-game-related post. Your support is much appreciated.

Have a good day and fly safe.
Kondor
o7

No comments:

Post a Comment